Sunday, June 14, 2009

Core workout

In my last entry I said hiccups and teeth chattering were early signs of my dystonia. I had both and they seem like spasms to me but not even the best dystonia doctor in the world would have diagnosed me as having dystonia back then. So even if you get the hiccups once a week or more, like I did, I would hold off on the worry until your head moves so much you're scared to see a barber. Why worry about something that will either happen or it won't but there is nothing you can do to stop it?

We started our core training this week and my tummy still hurts. There were about forty exercises written on a piece of paper and I saw one word I recognized as an exercise - pushups, the rest were in some sort of code or weird name that Coach Woj had made up like Superman, bridge, butt kick (not what you'd think but it did kick my butt!). We did 45 minutes of these and then started our normal workout. I tried to remember a few of the exercises so I could practice some since I was so bad at them. All that seemede to come back to me were the easy ones and the situps and pushups. So I did a couple quick sets of situps.

This Saturday was also the big dance recital for our girls. The oldest did three dances, each with about 5 other girls while the youngest only had 1 routine but was only dancing with 1 other little girl. They were adorable! Our 4-year-old looked absolutely tiny up on that big stage, their was a collective, "aaaw" from the crowd as the curtain rose.

This week Friday is the day I have been waiting for for about six weeks. I go to get my DBS settings checked and more importantly will get to ask about a possible infection. The lead on my left side is either infected or much closer to the surface than I'd prefer. I am skinny but they got the right one in fairly adequately. Behind my ear there is abou an inch where it feels like I am touching a rubber coated wire, it is that close to the surface.

Quote of the day: "Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment