Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's gonna be cold!

I have been watching the weather closely and the temperature will take a hard downward tonight, and it isn't exactly balmy now! I just went outside, it is 45 and windy but tonight it may dip down into the 20's. Yesterday they said low of 29 today I saw 31 predicted. Racetime is set for 7:30 so it will likely still be below freezing. It will be cold no doubt but I am more concerned with the wind. If there is little or no wind the temperature won't be an issue. I am just glad the rain has stopped and there is none in the forecast. Cold is one thing but cold, windy, and rainy makes for a miserable day.

I am glad I went for a short little jog this morning to remind myself what it is like running in this type of weather. It has been a long time since we've had this I forgot what it was like to run in it - it's great! For the runners anyway, for the volunteers and spectators not as much. With the cold weather I should have a great chance at qualifying for Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment