Thursday, October 8, 2009

The mass choas that is final preparation for a marathon

Well, I leave tomorrow morning for Chicago. I haven't run all week, I don't think it is the best idea for marathon prep but life got in the way and my thinking was the rest will do more good than any slow jogging now. My body is tired and really needs the rest, I had better get some good sleep the next 2 nights because I can never sleep the night before a marathon.

Also on the not a good idea list is wearing shoes for the first time in a marathon. Well, not exactly the first time but they haven't been out for a run yet. I meant to last weekend but it was wet and didn't want to get them dirty then I planned on running a few nights this week but that didn't pan out. I did wear them around the house and around work for several hours at a time to try to stretch them out a little. I have never had foot or shoe problems before so let's hope that continues. I will bring 2 other pair just in case.

shoes - check
socks - check
shorts - check
underwear - check
shirt - check
warm sweatpants and sweatshirt for start and gloves - check, check and check.
band aids- check
Vaseline - check
stamina for 26.2 miles - we'll find out!

Quote of the day: "What are you legs? Steel springs. What are they going to do? Hurl me dow the track. How fast can you run? Fast as a leopard. How fast are you going to run? fast as a leopard. Now let's see you do it!" - Gallipoli

No comments:

Post a Comment