Thursday, October 1, 2009

Am I ready?

That is the question the next 10 days. I am trying to eat right, get enough rest, and drink lots of water, that's all I can do now. There is no training I can do now to get me ready, only finish the training program I am on and pray for the best.

I ran a terrible long run Sunday and was OK Tuesday for the tempo run, but ran an easy five last night and did the last mile I ran faster than I have in months. I was blowing by walkers, bikers and even a few cars, OK that may be slightly exaggerated. That was the speed I wanted to see in the 5K on Saturday!

I was immediately reminded of something I read somewhere, "Don't have your best runs be your training runs around your neighborhood." I probably shouldn't have gone ahead and done the sprint at the end but it was the first time I had wanted to in a long time. For nothing else that is one positive I can take from it. Running has become more laborious than fun the last month or so and I needed to get that fun back.

Quote of the day: "People rarely unless they have fun at what they are doing." - Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment