Saturday, September 26, 2009

My wife and I in a race together

Robyn and I in post race bliss
The entire family

You can't quite make out the card but it says in honor of Val Elliott (Robyn's mother), Anne Geenen (my aunt), and Lindy Verbeek (member of our church)
It was an overcast day with rain the night before and just felt like an all day rain was coming, luckily it held off and the 6300 participants were able to run or walk without umbrellas. This was not the usual race full of hardcore runners. I was in the timed 5K and my wife was in the 5K walk.
I finished in 19:20 and my wife finished her walk in less than 35 minutes. Funny thing, when I checked my time on the posted sheet it listed me as 2nd for my age group but later when I went to get my medal they had me listed as #1. Not sure if it was a mistake or #1 got disqualified for something. Anyway I got a first place medal for my efforts, it didn't have a finishing place on it and I think second place was the same medal with a red ribbon instead of blue.
Robyn is napping now. She was feeling sore, her neck and shoulder hurt quite a bit. She is resting up for our date tonight. We are quite excited about it since it happens about once every other year. Although this is the second time this year, it's getting easier as the kids get older.
I have to mow the lawn and I should run 10 miles but that will have to wait until tomorrow due to time constraints, can't b late for my hot date tonight!
Quote of the day: You are not you circumstances. You are your possibilities." Oprah Winfrey


No comments:

Post a Comment