Sunday, September 6, 2009

Robyn's injury

My wife had it confirmed that she does indeed have a fractured collarbone from the muscle pulling in opposite directions on it. There is really nothing they can do for her that she hasn't been doing already, try to to the spasms as much as possible. This is when it gets tough, what she should do is take a week off to spend in a hospital bed to recoup but when she has the kids, work, the kids school and dance, and I have work and running training on top of the usual house and yard work for both of us it doesn't leave much time for dystonia. I feel so helpless as a caregiver. The main thing she can't do is lift anything remotely close to heavy so I am taking the laundry upstairs (and even washed and folded it this weekend).

Oh I did have something funny happen to me Saturday afternoon. I was getting Amber's bike out so we could have all the kids (3, since a friend from school spent the night and was still around) and dogs playing in the church parking lot next door when a door-to-door salesman came and asked me if my parents were home. I gave him a puzzled look and just said no. I am 38 years old! I have no idea what he was thinking? Then that would have made my 4-year old daughter my sister! I have always been told I look very young but this was ridiculous. But it gets even more humiliating, he came back and asked they were home yet! I almost said, "Yes, mom it is for you and let my wife get it," but we had sharp knives close by! I think he realized he made a mistake when he came back but was too embarrassed to correct himself.

Running training was a "down" weekend - 16 miles and flat yesterday and 4 more today. I needed the rest my legs were still hurting when I ran my 9 on Thursday, they didn't hurt yesterday but did feel sluggish. Then today I was doing 4 easy so I took 2 of the dogs. 2 Miles in Clancy was scared to step on some plastic on the sidewalk and awkwardly jumped in front of me. I toppled over him luckily only suffering a skinned knee, elbow, and shoulder. It was a little ironic that it was Clancy because JoJo is going nuts over the squirrels and kept pulling every 2 blocks it seemed to go after them. I should be at full strength by Tuesday's 5K time trial.

Quote of the day: "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I like." - Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment