Thursday, August 20, 2009

Must remember this during weeks like this.

After doing 22 Saturday, the fatigue from the run and the lack of sleep are really kicking my butt this week. I just don't feel like training. So I am taking it slow and easy, nothing too fast or strenuous. Hopefully I can work my way back to normal by Saturday.

I took wife to get Botox shots Tuesday, she travels the 3+ hours to the same place I get my DBS tuned. She has a lot of pain her dystonia and by the time she needs the Botox she is in serious pain all day! So I wanted to be the good husband and take her since she sometimes has a rough time with all the shots. She slept for awhile on the way, so that was good.I think that was the end of the happy times that day.
While I was there I wanted to see if could get turned down one notch on one side, back to where I was 2 months ago. My last adjustment was up one notch and my voice seemed to get worse and my swallowing also. My doctor was doing surgery in Evanston so I inquired about Robyn's doctor doing it since I knew exactly what I wanted done but my doctor didn't want anyone else doing my adjustments, nevermind I had only seen this doctor once for one slight adjustment.
I am not sure why since I wasn't expecting to get an adjustment but that threw my entire day off. After that I got grumpy and was headed to IKEA, I would rather eat glass than be in IKEA. Robyn had probmised the kids a trip there before she knew I was coming along and the kids love the play area. We eat lunch and then went to the play area but it was full - I felt like Chevy Chase in National Lampoons Vacation after he found out Wally World was closed for repairs! On the way home I was completely disoriented and tired and missed 2 exits I had to stop for gas at the IN/MI border and had to ask Robyn if she felt well enough to drive. She did otherwise I would have needed a VERY large Mountain Dew to keep me awake.
We were lucky to get home with the marriage still intact. After apologies were said by both of us and a good nights sleep we were fine but I still feel like a horses behind for completely blowing the nice gesture of driving her by acting the way I did. I should have listened to my quote
Quote of the Day: "Let thine words be few" Ecclesiastes 5:2

No comments:

Post a Comment