Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another race I didn't win

I had an 8K race last night and didn't win again (someday I will win one of these obscure races!). The race was Streetz of Fire in Grand Rapids but it was from from the 90 and humid you would expect for a race on August 1st and starting at 6:30 PM. It was very humid and had a few rain drops before the race and I heard reports that it was pouring rain well after the race as we were safe in the Polish Hall where it was held.
The post race was pizza and beer. For me it was lots of pizza, I think I had 8 pieces but it may have been 10. I don't drink alcohol because of the drugs I am on, they don't mix well. I think it is the Klonopin. 1-2 beers and I fall right to sleep.

I did manage to get a medal for finishing 3rd in my age group. It was demeaned a bit since a guy I would have liked to beaten passed me on the 4th mile and finished 15 seconds in front of me, he did not receive a medal and he is 2 years older than me.

I think we are getting another dog, a 4 year old Kelpie. I am hoping he will teach the other 2 some better manners. Kelpie's are great dogs but 3 dogs will be interesting! We are planning on picking him up next week Saturday.


Quote of the day: "Every luxury must be paid for, and everything is a luxury, starting with being in the world" - Cesare Pavese








1 comment:

  1. Brian, don't get down on yourself for not winning - at least you finished and gave it your all. A couple people suggested I try different run/walks in my area. I didn't realize there were so many. It would be good to practice before I jump into the big Marathon.
    Keep on going Brian.
    I'm on Klonopin too - I may have told you this before. Me & alcohol don't mix. The meds make me tired as is so its best I don't drink!!
    Talk to u soon - cute dogs!!

    ReplyDelete