Friday, July 17, 2009


After this week this photo makes want to cringe. On Tuesday I ran a 2-mile warm then a 4-mile tempo run followed by a 2-mile cooldown. On Thursday we did 800's - 8 of them with a 400 in between and, of course, 2-mile warmup and cool downs.
I am aiming to qualify for the Boston Marathon, in order to do so I need a time of 3:15 or better. Most of my speedwork has been geared towards a 3:01 marathon to give me plenty of room for error, and maybe even a calf cramp. I ran the tempo run in 26:46. I was supposed to run the 800's in 3 minutes each, well I got 4 of them in 3:00 or 2:59 but 2 more at 3:04 and the last 2 in a dreadful 3:06 and 3:09.
This Saturday will be one of the coldest July days ever and weare running the lakeshore with a planned dip in Lake Michigan following the run, great timing, eh?
Quote of the Day: "Hockey is a sport for white men. Basektball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps." Tiger Woods

1 comment:

  1. You simply AMAZE me! You are going through a grueling work-out. Holy cow!! How's your body holding up? When I saw the above photo, I just loved it. To have an outdoor track like that and to see those beautiful trees - what a vision!! I'd be whipping out my camera. At my gym its also a PT dept so I walk around the gym and down the hall and round and round I go.

    ReplyDelete