Thursday, July 2, 2009

Core workouts

It is great running weather here in MI this week, very cool with only scattered sprinkles of rain. I am loving it but not our workouts. On Tuesday we did more of the same hill, but 12 times this week, and today we did 30 minutes of core workout + 12 200's.

The core workout is interesting, I had never done these extensively, and especially as part of a marathon training. I think they are helping a lot but what I really need is calf workouts. That is were I am feeling the pain after 20+ miles and only a few to go, wishing I had never taken up running. I did buy some funny compression socks that I will finally get to try this weekend, as we are running 16 miles Saturday.

Started reading Always Looking Up by Micheal J.Fox, looking forward to it since I loved his first one, Lucky Man. I will let you know how it is, that is if I finish it before the marathon! I am more of a book on CD type of person so I am not sure how I will do with an actual book.

Quote of the day: "Life is short... running makes it seem longer."-Baron Hansen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian,
    Michael J Fox was on Oprah talking about Parkinsons and how he also has Dystonia. They also had a woman on who woke up w/ a stiff neck and was later diagnosed w/ dystonia. She can't hold her head up - it's always at an angle. She said she is in a lot of pain and when she was on Oprah she kept sliding out of the chair. Her speech was normal though.
    This can be found be going to oprah.com and typing in dystonia in the search box upper right.

    ReplyDelete