Friday, July 24, 2009

I bought a new car today!

Got a 2009 Chevy Cobalt. It is our first car that begins with a "2." I kind of jumped a bit going from a 1999 Subaru and a 1992 Lexus into the '09 Cobalt. I pick it up on Monday after they put cruise control on it, I drive 30 miles to work each day, all highway, I need cruise! I will post a picture of it when I get it home.

We did a 4 mile tempo run again tonight. In case you don't know what that means basically it is the speed you can run for 2 more miles for, in the case 6 miles. So theoretically you shouldn't be dead tired from tempo runs but close. What inevitably happens, especially when running in groups, is that people end up going all out. That defeats the purpose of the run. The purpose is to for you to learn to run comfortably faster. Tempo runs help you on longer distances so when you are out there doing a marathon you have some idea of what a good pace is for you, and how long you can reasonably hold that pace for. A 4 mile tempo run should be 10-30 seconds per mile faster than a marathon pace.

Quote of the day: "Character consists of what you do on the third or fourth tries." - James Michener

No comments:

Post a Comment