Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tubing at Cottage

The was part of our family outing to a friend's cottage on Lost Lake halfway between Ludington and the middle of nowhere. The weather could have been better but at least the rain held off and we all had a good time. The temp. was around 60 with the water temp. around 75, so it felt good in the water but when you got out it was frigid, or worse yet, when you got back on the tube and felt the cold air at 30 MPH!

The video is me getting tossed from the tube. I could have stayed on but the crowd wanted to see a spectacular fall!

We won't show this video to the doctors who installed my DBS, they may frown upon such behavior.

I missed my 20 mile group run so I will attempt to make it up today. 20 miles on my own, oh boy! After running the long runs with a group or even a partner running them solo they can seem so much longer. Hopefully my iPod will help some. I hate using them but for solo runs of more than 10 miles the can offer a nice diversion.

Quote of the day: "God will not look you for medals, degrees, or diplomas, but for scars." -Elbert Hubbard.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian, Oh my gosh - are you ok after flipping off the tube? I am so inspored that you ran 20 miles! TWENTY? Oh my gosh! I did 2 miles walking and was proud of myself. Then again, you have been after this Marathon thing for awhile!!
    I need to catch up on your blogs. I read what you wrote on the right. I also tried botox and did not like it. My dr put in in the back of my neck where I am super tight. it was the most bizarre experience ever. It was like whenever I went to go to bed, it was a HUGE effort to get my head on the pillow. My new dr suggested we try again and use less dosage and try different muscles. I haven't done DBS which I was highly against at the even mention.
    I will read more of your blog and may email you. I have never known anyone w/ dytsonia so it's interesting reading your story.
    Keep up the fab job.
    Joey

    ReplyDelete